Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 4 of my Dukan Diet!




10/22/11

weight: 143.5

Total Loss: -5

WOW! I can't believe I have lost 5 pounds!!!! How exciting is this. I have to admit that I didn't cheat last night and it was worth it!!! I can't tell you how light I feel. I am not bloated anymore and I feel great!!! The best part is that I'm not even craving CARBS any more!!!


So today is my first day of the protein and vegetable (PV) day. This is called the "CRUISE PHASE". I want to break the second part down for you.

First you need to pick a rhythm you want to follow:

*1/1 rhythm: 1 day pure protein (PP) and 1 day protein + vegetables (PV). (I think this is the best, but just don't way yourself after the PV day, cause veggies make you retain water. I would recommend weighing yourself after PP days. Since we all know how much the scale makes or breaks our will to diet!LOL)

*5/5 rhythm: 5 days of PP and 5 Days of PV. (I think this is more difficult to stick to and can get burdensome.

*2/7 rhythm: 2 days PP (Mondays and Thursdays) and 5 days of PV the rest of the days. This rhythm is good for people who don't have a lot of weight to lose.

*2/0 rhythm: 2 days of PP (Mondays and Thursdays), followed by 5 days of no particular diet, but avoiding extremes. This rhythm is good for women with cellulite, who are slim on top but heavy around the hips.


Basically you keep eating all the Attack Phase foods and add the following vegetables, cooked or raw, without any restricting any quantities, time of day, or combinations:



Artichoke
Asparagus
Aubergine
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Chicory
Courgette
Cucumber
Fennel
French beans
Leeks
Mushrooms
Onion
Peppers
Pumpkin
Radish
Salad leaves
Sorrel
Soya beans
Spinach
Swede
Swiss chard
Tomatoes
Turnip

Allowed in moderation are carrots and beetroot.

Cruise Phase Diet Rules


You can now increase the oat bran intake to 2 tablespoons per day.

Another suggested change is increasing from 20 minutes of exercise to 30 minutes of brisk walking per day.

Just because you are allowed vegetables do not eliminate protein produce from a PV day. After all it is called Protein & Vegetables not Pure Vegetables for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment